Monday, October 10, 2011

Blog and Better Than Ever

I'm going to honest, when English 15 first began and I found out that we were going to have to create our own blog I was a little intimidated. I had never created my own blog before and for that matter I had never really blogged at all before. That made it somewhat difficult to figure out exactly how I wanted my blog to look. I attempted to design my blog so that it was as easy as possible for the reader to look at. That is why I use the classic font of times new roman for all of my blogs. I also use black font with a light background for ultimate reading pleasure. When reading an extensive blog, such as the blogs for our class you don't want the reader to struggle through just the visual aspect of your blog. When I originally designed my blog I didn't put too much effort or thought into how I wanted it to look but now knowing the aspects of what makes a good blog I don't think I would change much about my blog.
When deciding what I wanted to name my blog I wanted a title that each writer can relate to. When beginning a new writing assignment you are always presented with a rhetorical situation. That is how I try to approach each of my own writing assignments. We are all presented with an issue and as best as we can, we have to explain this issue to our intended audience. When writing these blogs I try to use a conversational tone to attempt to relate to the reader as best as possible. If the reader feels as if they understand who I am and can relate to what I am writing about there is a better chance that they trust and appreciate my writing.
Although my blog is approachable for the reader and easy to read in general there were still some aspects I wanted to improve on. I felt as if my blog was a little amateur in appearence and that is why I made some improvements. I changed the overall layout and appearance of my blog in order to seem more advanced and professional. One blog that I have enjoyed for a long time and has inspired my blogging as a whole is the consistent and entertaining yankee bloghttp://yankees.lhblogs.com/. Also the overall layout and design of Facebook I think is a perfect example of good web design.

No comments:

Post a Comment